April 9, 2013 BCC Summary
Santa Fe, NM – April 11, 2013 – Below is a summary of the actions taken by the Santa Fe Board of County Commissioners (BCC). Commissioner Mayfield was excused, but participated for portions of the meeting by telephone.
The Consent Calendar was unanimously approved.
The March 12, 2013 BCC meeting minutes were unanimously approved.
Proclamations and Presentations
- The BCC unanimously approved a Proclamation to celebrate the month of April 2013 as National County Government Month, “Smart Justice: Creating Safer Communities”
- The BCC unanimously approved a Proclamation Honoring Denise Lamb For Her Outstanding Service As Chief Deputy Clerk For Santa Fe County
- The Regional Emergency Communication Center (RECC) Employees were recognized as part of National Public Safety Telecommunicators Week (April 14 – April 20, 2013)
- RECC Employees who recently graduated from the State Law Enforcement Academy were recognized by the BCC. Patricia Lucero was recognized for earning Valedictorian of the Class
- The BCC heard a presentation on the REDI Net Broadband development and operations – US Department of Commerce, Broadband Technology Opportunity Program American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) Funded Initiative to construct an open access broadband network in Northern New Mexico
- A Proclamation was unanimously approved to recognize April 2013 as Donate Life Month
Matters From The Commission
- Introduction of a Resolution establishing a Water Policy Advisory Committee (Discussion Only, First Hearing)
- Introduction of a Resolution creating an asset management system for county facilities (Discussion Only, First Hearing)
- Introduction of Resolution to support the use of water catchment systems throughout Santa Fe County and to direct staff to “Lead By Example” by considering the use of water catchment systems at Santa Fe County facilities (Discussion Only, First Hearing)
- The BCC recognized the exceptional service of Santa Fe County Adult Detention Facility Warden, Mark Gallegos for his commitment and dedicated service to Santa Fe County over the past year
Staff And Elected Officials’ Items
Public Works Department
- Amendment No. 1 to the building lease agreement with Women’s Health Services for the use of additional office space located at 901 W. Alameda, Santa Fe, New Mexico and to authorize the Chair of the Board Of County Commissioners to execute said agreement No. 1 and to obtain approval from the New Mexico Board of Finance for Amendment No. 1 was unanimously approved.
Growth Management Department
- CDRC Case # Z/S 08-5430 Spirit Wind West Subdivision – Unanimously approved (4-0, Commissioner Holian recused herself from the vote)
- CDRC CASE # V-12-5430 Susan Sutton Variance – Unanimously approved
- CDRC CASE # V/Z/PDP 12-5340 Family Dollar Store – Approved (4-1, with Commissioner Chavez voting against)
- BCC CASE # MIS 12-5420 College Park Master Plat Authorization – Unanimously approved (4-0, Commissioner Mayfield did not participate in the vote) – Please note this was Master Plat Authorization, not master plan approval.
The BCC Packet is available online by clicking the BCC meeting event on the Events calendar or visiting the BCC committee page www.santafecountynm.gov/committees/board_of_county_commissioners_bcc. All approved Ordinances and Resolutions are available on the County website at www.santafecountynm.gov/ordinances_and_resolutions once they are approved and recorded. All BCC meetings are broadcast live at www.santafecountynm.gov, on Comcast Ch. 28 and on Que Suave AM 810. To view recorded video of this BCC meeting visit www.santafecountynm.gov/video_on_demand/. Transcripts of the meeting will be available within 10 working days at www.santafecountynm.gov, once approved.